Happy Monday Ya’ll! I’m super excited to re-share this Facebook LIVE chat with you today. If you are feeling a bit unfocused or unclear in your life; this one’s for you. Let’s chat about decluttering, shall we…
Click below to watch the video on my community page…
(If you’re not a part of the community. Send me a facebook request and I’ll add you.)
The Professional Is:
2. SEEKS ORDER
Declutter your home… Declutter your life!
- Make a decision that you are willing to get rid of things you’ve had for a while and set a date for the first session.
- Invite a friend over to make it fun and to get some support.
- Depending on how much clutter, have garbage bags or boxes ready. Have one pile be for trash and the other for “Good Will”.
- Start with the hardest room in your house. Getting through the hardest task first makes the rest of the journey seem brighter.
- Rule of thumb. Have I touched, used, worn this item in the last 6 months? If no, get rid of it. Of course, I am not taking about old photos, paper work for taxes etc.
- Put a timer on. Two hours to start. Take a break. Set the timer again.
- Continue to do this room by room.
- Congrats! You did it! You’re gonna feel so much better. Repeat this two a year to keep clutter out of your life.